We all have personal transformation work we'd like to supercharge...old tiresome patterns we'd like to release...transitions we'd like to mark. Guided Passages has designed an online course to take you step by step through a process for growth.
In western culture, we have left behind many ancient wisdom practices judging them to be primitive or superstitious. We have a long standing and useful love affair with logic that can at times be difficult to reconcile with the more unconscious parts of the mind. For many years, students of Jungian psychology have recognized the significance of symbols and archetypes in unlocking the secrets of those unconscious patterns that keep us stuck in undesirable circumstances, behaviors, and mental machinations.
In this 5-week online interactive program, we will work with teachings and exercises to consciously explore the power of symbol and ceremony in supporting personal transformation. Ultimately, through our shared experience, we will open to new possibilities for awareness, growth, and a more complete expression of our truest selves.
After completing this online program, you will have everything you need to to work with these teachings and tools, either on your own or in a Guided Passages Retreat.
Where and When:
- Online, self-paced teachings and assignments five days a week, Monday through Friday for 5 weeks—From July 23 through August 26, 2012.
- You will receive exercises and lessons each weekday in your inbox. In addition, each lesson will be posted in a private, password-protected site, allowing for conversations and community with other class members.
- Anyone who wishes to experiment with tools and practices to deepen their understanding of their life experiences, challenges / areas of “stuckness,” and natural gifts.
- Anyone who is planning to make or is in the process of making a significant life change and would benefit from tools and practices to support them through a life transition.
- Anyone who feels drawn to this class for reasons they aren’t certain of.
- Because knowing yourself more completely and deeply can be wildly inspiring.
- Because throughout your life, if you’re human, you will encounter inner resistance to moving into more of yourself. When you experience this resistance, it can be immensely helpful to have tools and awareness methods to lean on as you push into new realms of expression and / or out of areas of stuckness.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the class include?
You will be provided access to a secure online learning platform / classroom. Only people registered for the class will have access to this online classroom. Once logged in, you will be able to access the lessons and content related to this program as they are made available over the 5 week period. The online lessons will include self-paced videos, screencasts, documents, and instructions for assignments.
How does the class work?
Every Monday through Friday, you will find a new assignment in the online classroom. You should review and complete the assignment sometime during the day or during the following day. Once you have completed it, you will be encouraged (but not required) to return to the online classroom and share some aspect of your experiences and reflections with the facilitators and others in the program. You will also have the ability to respond and offer encouragement to your classmates using the sharing features of the online platform.
Will we be sharing our experiences?
You are encouraged to share as much of your experience as you are comfortable sharing with the facilitators and the group. There is no requirement that you share all of your experiences or insights.
How much time does it take?
For the online segment, the time commitment is completely up to you. The lessons are designed to be self-paced and flexible. Most participants will want to spend between 30 minutes and an hour per day working with the material (including viewing the content, completing the assignments, and participating in the online community). Some of you will spend more time than this, and others will spend less. Since there are no assignments given on weekends, this can be a great time to go deeper with the assignments that most appeal to you.
What do I need to have?
For the online segment of the program, you need a computer with internet access and an email account.
Does this class promote a particular religion or spiritual path?
This class does not promote or advocate any specific religion or spiritual path. While the teachings in this class can be applied to deepen any spiritual practice, they can also be quite useful in the absence of any particular spiritual or religious context.